Arthritis Care Range
There are various types of arthritis but the two most commonly found in the feet are Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid arthritis. Osteoarthritis is a localised condition and is caused due to gradual wear and tear of the cartilage in the joints.
Age, excessive weight, ill-fitting shoes and trauma (injury) can all be contributory factors to Osteoarthritis. In the case of Rheumatoid arthritis this is a systemic condition and has the potential to affect every joint in the body.
Arthritis is usually a very painful condition and is advisable to seek advice and treatment from your family doctor. In diagnosis of arthritis, a good complete history including blood tests are used to differentiate between one arthritis type and another. Also x-ray evaluation to view the bone structure of the foot and in more advanced cases of arthritis an MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) or CT scan (computerised axial tomography) are extremely helpful.
In most cases, the ball of the foot is painful due to a lack of the the fatty padding, leaving the bones on the soles of the feet exposed and unprotected, combined with this the feet and legs can ache because they are not being supported properly.
The best and first line of defence for arthritis is a good supportive shoe but usually some type of protection and support is required. Adhesive and replaceable gel pads are useful to protect tender areas or enlarged joints. When extra support of the arch is required orthotic arch supports can help to reduce arthritic pains effectively.
Tel. 0845 519 8929
Mon-Fri 9am to 4.30pm
Copyright © 2018 www.FootcareOnline.co.uk www.FootcareOnline.co www.FootcareOnline.uk www.Footcare-Online.co.uk
Shock Absorbing Dreamyfeet Gel Arch Sport Insoles
The Dreamyfeet gel sport insoles are designed with combined forefoot and gel shock
adsorbing zones and a raised arch support system, which gives all day comfort in
• Gel arch supports for extra supports and comfort.
• Provides superior comfort, cushioning and shock absorption.
• Softer gel inlays across the ball of the foot and at the heel for added shock absorption when walking or running.
• Suitable for Mortons Neuroma and Metatarsalgia (Ball of the foot pain).
• Helps prevent blisters and corn/callus formations.
• Ideal for people who need to walk and stand during their working day.
• Anti-bacterial top cover for added freshness and comfort.
• Tapered design to fit all types of shoes.
• Trim to fit.
• Available in 3 sizes.
• 1 Pair per pack.
(Small UK 3-5.5) £11.95 per pair Product Code DF30
(Medium UK 6-8) £11.95 per pair Product Code DF31
(Large UK 9-12) £11.95 per pair Product Code DF32
Fine, Soft Gel Ball of Foot Pads (2 PAIRS PER PACK)
Gel ball of foot clear invisible self adhesive cushions are made with a lightweight polymer gel that provides superior shock absorption and excellent cushioning.
• Superb protection and relief from corn and callus on the soles of the feet.
• Utilises self adhesive peel and stick technology.
• Peel backing off adhesive tab and place over existing insole or sockliner in the metatarsal area of shoe.
• Suitable for use with low cut footwear.
• One size.
2 Pairs per pack £4.95 Product Code GB45
|Corns & Calluses|
|Swollen Feet & Legs|
|Excess Pronation/Fallen Arches|
|Metatarsalgia/Ball of the Foot Pain|
|Shin Pain/Shin Splints|